Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had reconstruction plastic surgery done simultaneously…

Customer Question
I had reconstruction plastic...

I had reconstruction plastic surgery done simultaneously after a double mastectomy because of breast cancer. I began this without any Insurance at all. I had my Surgeons lined up and the date set.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

The problem is that it was suggested after my first surgery to remove all the malignant tumors in my right breast that I go to my health department so that I could have assistance with the financial services using my Dr's....I did go to the health department and I walked out the door with right from the start Medicaid Insurance for breast and female organ cancer which was supposed to pay for my surgeons that I had already. The evening before the double mastectomy and I had already paid for my double mastectomy surgeon because he did not accept Medicaid, I was called by the Hospital to tell me that my surgery could not be paid for by me and the Medicaid pick up the rest...well, Medicaid decided that they would make an acception but only if I allowed Medicaid to choose my reconstruction surgeon within hours of the surgery or I would not be covered at all by Medicaid...Without being able to speak to my Surgeons I did not know what to do accept to say ok...the reconstruction surgeon was chosen by medicaid person(s) at the Hospital the night before the surgeon and decided to name him the primary surgeon and my cancer surgeon the secondary (whom I paid cash in advance). The reconstruction failed on both breasts and they failed before I was to go for my first check up with the reconstruction Dr. The Cancer Surgeon seen me for his check up and after seeing my condition with infection at the tube exit holes (two on each side), blackening of each breast tissue and the reconstruction surgeon had refused to see me before my appointment and refused to call in a prescription for antibiotics for the infection. The long and short of it after many surgeries later I have no chest wall. And, if I ever wanted to try to have reconstruction again (to trust another surgeon to even try to rebuild my chest wall), would be a difficult decision for me.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am interviewing Attorneys at this point before giving more details to be sure I do have the best attorney or attorneys to handle my case. I have never filed a malpractice lawsuit before and my health has deteriorated since. I made my decision to file suit today after receiving a call from the reconstruction surgeon from his internal collections department for a little more than 800.00 and that sent me through the roof. I have not had a Well day since he butchered me over and over. I was hoping to get better and then research this but it will be now...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/20/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Please allow me a few minutes to consider your question. If I can assist I will provide an answer. Otherwise, I will reopen the question for others to assist.
Thanks for using Justanswer!