Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I work at a facility and we have a resident our

I work at a...

I work at a facility and we have a resident our administrator asked us to set us up for discharge to a homeless shelter, however this resident is on dialysis 3 days a week and this is an ethical dilemma for me. What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I'm in SC. No one else is involved.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just asking the question is my first step. I was going to call the Ombudsmen in Columbia, SC. I know there may be retaliation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that was it.

3/20/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I would make an anonymous complaint with the Ombudsman here. They can invovle Adult Protective Services to help find a better placement for the resident.This would be the ethical thing to do here.They would take over with planning and placement.I agree with you its the thing to quietly do here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer