Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had solar panels installed 9 years ago. Last year there…

Customer Question
I had solar panels...

I had solar panels installed 9 years ago. Last year there was leaking via the fixed supports. This required having a contractor inspect and solve the problem. This year just under 22 months from the corrections leaking reoccurred. I have negotiated with the contractor to fix the work but he declines based on the fact that he was not the original installer. Since he undertook the last work I believe that he should take responsibility to fix the leaking. The subject is solar panels fixed buy brackets to the roof struts.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Canberra ACT

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have spoken with the refurbished and he will not accept resonsibility

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would there be an obligation to repair as is under 12 months

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/20/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Solar roof system installed 9 years ago. Leaking occurred 12 months ago. Contractor Lazer Electric agreed to fix problem. Worked after that. Recent rain and leaked again less than 12 months. Lazer refuse to fix the problem as they were not original installers.

Thank you for the information. However, I still did not see any specific question.

What is your question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Are you for real. The roof leaks after his work on it and he refuses to fix it? Can see the issue!
You havnt answered a question yet. What am I paying for

I cannot answer a question that was never asked. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

The question is obvious. Should he return to re fix the leaking as the work was not satisfactory.
i am in Australia !