Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Do consumer protection laws protect businesses as well as…

Customer Question
Do consumer protection laws protect...
Do consumer protection laws protect businesses as well as household consumers?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/19/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

Consumer protection laws only protect persons who are entering into a transaction/purchase for "personal, family or household purposes." A business transaction is not within the scope of any consumer protection law.

However, if the business is the vendor in the transaction with the consumer, then the business can defend itself based upon the requirements of the law -- which is frequently difficult for a consumer to prove.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, Justanswer retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf. Note: If you cannot find the rating button on your webpage, please just type in your rating in a response to this note, and customer service will apply the rating for you.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!