Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a contract with a roofer for a full roof replacement…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I have a...
Second opinion] I have a contract with a roofer for a full roof replacement on a rental property in Las Vegas. There was an alleged incident with one on the tenants coming out with a gun and threatening the crew due to the noise level. The roofers promptly left the site and will not return until this safety concern has been dealt with. The did not, however file any kind of police report. The tenant in question has a long term lease agreement and without any evidence of wrongdoing, I have no cause to evict. Roofer is also claiming that I am responsible for any roofing materials left on site. How should I respond to the roofer to get the roof completed and limit my liability for extra costs to the roofer?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/19/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

The roofer has no solid ground to stand on since they did not file a police report and there is no evidence that the gun threat actually occurred. Therefore, the roofer is obligated to finish the job. Moreover, you are not responsible for any materials left behind. That was the decision of the roofer and you are not responsible.

I would recommend that you make a demand that the roofer finish the job for the contracted price. If the roofer refuses to finish, then the roofer is in breach of the contract, and you have no further obligaton to pay the roofer. You can hire another roofer to come in and finish the job, and you can sue the original roofer for any additional costs you incur to get the job finished as a aresult of the first roofer's breach of the agreement with you.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.