Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a contract with a roofer for a full roof replacement…

I have a contract with...
I have a contract with a roofer for a full roof replacement on a rental property in Las Vegas. There was an alleged incident with one on the tenants coming out with a gun and threatening the crew due to the noise level. The roofers promptly left the site and will not return until this safety concern has been dealt with. The did not, however file any kind of police report. The tenant in question has a long term lease agreement and without any evidence of wrongdoing, I have no cause to evict. Roofer is also claiming that I am responsible for any roofing materials left on site. How should I respond to the roofer to get the roof completed and limit my liability for extra costs to the roofer?
3/19/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Advise roofer it has a contractual obligation, and any issues of safety are a matter for the police, not you, and if they breach, you will pursue them for damages.

about the roofer stating that I am responsible for the roofing materials left on site?

That is outrageous. He abandoned the site that way, and need to complete the work.

If my reply is acceptable, kindly reply "yes"

Great, kindly rate me 5 stars. You should have a rating button.

Infolawyer, Lawyer