Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Folks, just purchaced a 2009 Chevy Pickup for our company,

Folks, just purchaced a...

Folks, just purchaced a 2009 Chevy Pickup for our company, low mileage (35,400) hoping it would work for our business to deliever tools to our customers. All was good, truck sounded good when we purchaced the truck, however after 230 mile it started making an clicking noise. I took it back to the dealer and he told me to take the truck to his mechanc to have it checked out. So I did just so. the mechanic told me not to run it any more. There was a valve lifter turned on the cam shaft and I would blow the engine up. The dealer contacted the insurance company got a claim number and the machanic started takeing the engine apart to finde out for sure the problem. After the engine was torn down about half way the insurance or warrenty company rep. came by and looked it over and then said there was no claim, they denied the warranty claim. After I had paid $355.00 for a 6 month warrenty. This really is not right is it?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska, Sarpy county.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

? had to get the engine replaced, the engine cam was damaged and it was quicker to just replace with a new engine, with 100,000mile warranty ? The shop said it would cost about $4500 to fix with no warrenty, new engine with warrenty from GM would be about $6200 -6500.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

These warrenties are being sold here in NEBRASKA as the answer, for used trucks and cars. How can they denie a claim when I did all that they told me to do, and I paid for their warrenty?

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

3/19/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Nebraska law, since they sold you the warranty, they are legally obligated to honor it. In other words, they can't rescind the warranty once they have sold it to you. You can make the delaer honor the warranty ro else take the truck back and refund your purchase price. You get to decide which, but I suggest you return the truck and get rid of it and buy something else instead that won't give you headaches like this one will continue to do.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
According to the dealer I would be out the cost of repair for the engine and parts $6900.00, the bed liner $860.00, License and plates $1499.90. Why can't the warrente company eather pay or leave Nebraska??

Yes, you have the legal right to demand that the warranty pay these amounts, since you bought the warranty and paid their fees. If they do not pay, you have the right to sue them under Nebraska law, and you will win the judgment plus your legal fees.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer