Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I live in Ontario and I have a property in Québec, I've been…

I live in Ontario and...
I live in Ontario and I have a property in Québec, I've been very late with my Capitol One credit card, can the collections put a lien on my house
3/19/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

They can only put a lien on your house if they get a court judgment against you and then have the government put the judgment lien on the house. They would have to go to trial first to get the judgment against you. Usually credit card companies don't do that. I would suggest that you offer to work out a payment plan with Capital One and then they will not be chasing you and you will not have to worry about them filing a lawsuit against you and possibly putting a lien on your house.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer