Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I'm filing a complaint against the State of CA Dept. of

I'm filing a complaint against...
I'm filing a complaint against the State of CA Dept. of Contractors. Looking back at all the invoices, estimates and bids this contractor has double dipped, juggles numbers, square footage etc. This was done in such a 'billiant' way that is took 2 friends and myself over a year to start finding out how he came about his numbers the way he did.
Question 1.) Is it protocol for a contractor to use ACV on some line items and at other times uses RCV if it is beneficial to him.This is pertaining to the Grand Total Areas at the end of each estimate. I had 4 job bids and 3 of them were almost the same in square footage. But, the contractor I'm speaking of......his numbers are way higher than the others. We're talking about a 1000sq. foot home and his measurements are higher that the other contractors who submitted a bid. This of course makes everything higher to his advantage.Thank you.........evelyn
3/19/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

No he has to be consistent in his use of numbers. You have discovered how he commits fraud, and the contractors board will agree with you and fine this contractor, possibly revoke his license, and award you damages against him.

I think you are in pretty good shape, Evelyn, and fyi, the contractors board is a consumer protection agency so they are going to favor you in the proces and protect you as the customer.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello mr.wiseowl58, thank you again for answering my last question. How do i go about sending a bonus? Evelyn
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer