Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

In the state of Illinois, can an auto body shop keep a car…

In the state of Illinois...
In the state of Illinois, can an auto body shop keep a car until the customer pays for the repairs previously agreed upon?
3/18/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
No. It cannot assert such a lien. It has to return the vehicle and can protect itself with deposits and by suing the customer for unpaid amounts.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks for your quick and concise answer. Yes, but I’d rather just give you a five star rating, but there are no stars.
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer