Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought for cash a 8,000.00 pick for my grandson to use…

Customer Question
I bought for...

I bought for cash a 8,000.00 pick for my grandson to use during the summer. We discovered that the frame is baddly cracked. We took it to a mechanic and he said the entire underneath of the truck was sprayed with a black coating to cover all the rust and corrosion. He said the gas tank could drop anytime. He said the truck needs to be junked. I am 89 years of age. The truck was completely painted and looked nice on the surface. We did not drive this truck for many miles. Not over a 1,000 miles. We have had a reputable business for over 50 years and the dealership i walking distance from our business. We tryed to talk to the salesman two days ago. My son does not feel that they are not going to be fair about this bad deal. I must mention that the local garage mechinic said this truck can not be driven on any public road. the frame is cracked very bad. Ruth Doutrich

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Penna. No help at this time.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I did not know what steps to take. Never had anything like this in the past.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Where do I go for help and I am trying not to use an attorney that charges $350.00 per hour. I am willing to put out some money, but not thousands.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/18/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Sorry to hear about this. Have you considered going to small claims court to file a suit against the dealer?

Infolawyer, Lawyer