Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had my skid loader financed with catipillar I financed…

Customer Question
I had my skid...

I had my skid loader financed with catipillar I financed 47000 dollars had paid down to 21000 I missed a 7000 payments had it up for repossession had a company looking for it I had it on a job and went to the job and it was gone 6 months ago I thought they picked it up cause they quit calling and never sent another letter now 6 months later they called and said they needed to come get it. I thought they had it now what do i do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Missouri I don't have it they said they never picked it up

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing I don't no what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had insurance threw catipillar for theft and etc to pay the loan off if something happened to it but it was included in the payment so I don't know if they still have ins since I didn't make the payment

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/18/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

First, make sure that CAT is not mistaken and that they did not pick it up from the site. Then report it as stolen to CAT and CAT has insurance that will pay off your loan called gap insurance and you will not owe them anything further. CAT finance is really good about this especially the equipment finance division, and they will probably grant you a new loan and get you a replacement skid loader with a new CAT loan.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.