Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had a loan with a Bank. Just before the Bank got sold,

Customer Question
I had a loan...

I had a loan with a Bank. Just before the Bank got sold, their lawyer was able to get a judgement on me without me knowing and later got a Garnishment. My $20K CD was taken. He went into my accounts and took all the money until a lawyer accused him of over reaching. This all happened 3 years ago. Out of the blues he showed again this year with papers on my vehicle and wants more money on behalf of the bank, Certus Bank, that has already been sold. What are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I got in touch with the lawyer who called him out the first time, but I am weighing my options. His action is suspicious. I just settled some other loans with another Bank 2 months ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will like to know my Rights and Options

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/18/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

If the bank was sold, then this officer has no legal right to come after you. It looks like he is doing illegal collection activity, so I would suggest you get his contact information and report him to the police in your city for prosecution. He is taking advantage of you now, and you should have criminal charges brought against him.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.