Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need help two get my son car back from a bodyshop. My son…

Customer Question
I need help two...

I need help two get my son car back from a bodyshop

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

My son put his car in a car shop two year ago ,and every time he go there the man say it not ready I won't to get it back he have all the paper work ,the part recipe

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My,son put his car in a carbody shop to year ago to have some work done ever time he go check knit they say it not ready , now he have all his paper work all his recipe how can he get his car back

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/18/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Two years ago is an unreasonable time for the body shop to keep the car. If they have not done any work on it, your son should take the car back immediately. If they have done some work, then your son should pay them for the work done, but he will have to take it to another body shop to get the repairs finished. In any event, the body shop cannot keep the car for that long, and if they won't return it, then you go to the Department of consumer affairs in your state that issues the license to the body shop and file a complaint and they will make the body shop return your son's car now.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Please rate five stars ***** and by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is always appreciated after you rate.