Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My former fiancé and I bought a truck 2 months ago. He now…

My former fiancé and...

My former fiancé and I bought a truck 2 months ago. He now wants me to move out. I do not want my name on the truck since we are not getting married. Do I have the right to stay in the apartment, no he did not put me on the lease but I get mail here. I need to stay until he refinances it. I have no where to go.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None he made the decision tonight. Said police would escort me out if I don't leave soon

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am disabled

3/18/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under WAshington law, you have the rights of a tenant in the unit, so he cannot make you leave without going through specific Washington eviction proceedings. Moreover, you have special rights under the law since you are disabled and you are protected from being evicted from your home. I suggest you call the police and let the police explain your rights to stay in the unti to your former fiance. Then your ex will stop harassing you for once and for all.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer