Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a car from a bank that was a repo. When I go to…

Customer Question
I bought a car...

I bought a car from a bank that was a repo. When I go to sell it the car lot tells me it has been wrecked and should have a salvage title. Now the bank is tell me it could be up to a year to get my money back. What are my rights? I put all my money in that car

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money. What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

If I bought a car from a bank and it was a repo car. I went to sell it and the car lot tells me it should have a salvage title. The bank I bought it from said they had no clue it was wrecked. Now the tell me it could take months to get my money back. What are my rights

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I went to the bank I bought it from. They are telling me6it could take months before I get my money back. Because the will have to go to court and try to get the money back from the person the repoed it from

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No how much are you charging me?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: You need immediate refund of your money. If the bank cannot do that, then your option would be to file lawsuit against the bank for the return of your purchase price. The lawsuit would be filed at your local Courthouse. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or online if the Courthouse makes forms available online.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

You should also file complaint against the bank with Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and your Attorney General's Office.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.