Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just got summoned to court for a bill that pure solutions…

I just got summoned...

I just got summoned to court for a bill that pure solutions said they invalidated for me after paying them to resolve my credit card debt 3 years ago. I don't have any proof other than the check I sent them because it was so long ago and I moved since then and I can't find anything from them other than a phone number that has been disconnected. Is there anything I can do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Oswego NY. I paid pure solutions in 2014 and just heard that it wasn't paid 2 months ago

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I tried taking to the lawyer that filed the lawsuit on behalf of the credit card company. He said it was never paid by pure solutions. Tried to call them but the number has been disconnected. I don't know why I haven't heard anything sooner because now I can't get a hold of pure solutions after thinking it had been taken care of 3 years ago.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just don't know what to do

3/17/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

File an answer to the lawsuit. Click here for information on how to answer the complaint.

State that you do not owe the debt because you paid the debt through a settlement company.

Attach copy of the payments made to the debt settlement company.

File complaint against the debt settlement company with your Attorney General's Office. They may still be in existence but under a different name to hide their illegal activities: taking money from consumers to settle debts, but never actually paying the debts.

File complaint against the debt settlement company with the FTC ("Federal Trade Commission").

File complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Thank you for your response. How do I make sure there will be no more charges to me from this site.

You need to contact customer service to close your account. However, without a positive rating for my post, I do not credit for my answer.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law