Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I sold a vehicle that had been in a crash and I didn't know…

I sold a vehicle...

I sold a vehicle that had been in a crash and I didn't know what was wrong with it other than the hood, the bumper, the radiator, and the radiator mount. The person that I sold my car to Toad the car to a shop and had it in the shop for 2 weeks before they gave me any money for the vehicle so that they could find out what was wrong with it. We sign the title and exchanged money and a few days later he called me and said that the engine was blown. I do not have any records as far as the vehicle being towed or it being sold as is. He is now having his sister, who is an attorney come to see me tomorrow. I need some advice as far as what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

I live in Ohio, and have no kind of local attorney or consumer protection advocate helping

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I am going to go to the shop that it was towed to tomorrow to get some kind of record as far as when the vehicle was put into the shop, I also have the receipt for the first payment that was given to me for the vehicle

Before the title was signed over, I was told that the car was in running conditiom
3/16/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
Is there any way that he would be able to sue me for this? He only bought the car for 500 dollars and I made it clear that other than the problems listed above I did not know what was wrong with the vehicle
No. Sale is as is. No warranties and for that price he should not have expected much beyond scrap metal.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Any advice as far as what I should say to his attorney when they come to see me tomorrow?
It was sold as is and beyond cheap. No claim here. Move on!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Great. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer