Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Reimbursement for a bill

reimbursement for a bill
3/16/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
can I sue for reimbursement for a bill I had to pay for a water line repair work.Quick Details
The bill was paid under protest to avoid collateral damage ( e.g the Association missapplying my monthly association fees towards the bill.The Association is unable to prove that the underground pipe is mine. It could be my neighbors. In fact, factors indicate it is not my pipe
where overpaid you can.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Acceptable. Thank you !
Very welcome.
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer