Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am trying to help an Australian camper trailer

Customer Question
manufacturer file with the DOTto...
I am trying to help an Australian camper trailer manufacturer file with the DOTto become a certified trailer manufacture. First step is to be designated US agent. My first application was denied for reasons; I filed the second one and mailed it with proof of delivery- they did not find it- mailed the 2nd one- they have it but said that I should not have mailed an original but a copy of the online submission( in spite of the fact that I have specific email instructions to do so) Issue has become urgent- how do I break through the bureacracy and get this done?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Wendy
I am still waiting. Will i get a refund if no one answers?
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am so sorry for the delay, as the experts are not site employees, we do not control when questions come onto our lists. I do apologize.

You need to call and speak to a***@******.*** and you need to explain the situation to them. The lower level individuals receiving these applications really do not know what is going on they just know the steps they follow when something hits their desk. They do not know if there are extenuating circumstances or a deviation from the normal routine application. So when that happens you need to call the office and speak to a supervisor or even sometimes the supervisor's supervisor and explain the situation to get the process moving along.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.