Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Property taxes, 2015 total tax due was $30.85, interest

Property taxes, 2015 total...

Property taxes, 2015 total tax due was $30.85, interest $5.62, collection cost $267.50. penalty$3.09. 2016total due was$29.90, interest $2.55, Collection was $22.50, penalty $4.48. How is this possible.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

I have payed it but feel there is and error in billing.

3/16/2018
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

Under Georgia law, you have a right to protest this amount and request a partial refund, especially for the collection cost which is outrageous. I would request a hearing with the municipality that imposed the tax and ask them to reduce it for you. I think you will prevail.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer