Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My wife was texted by someone representing themselves as the…

Customer Question
My wife was texted by...
My wife was texted by someone representing themselves as the singer ***** *****. He asked her to send 400.00dolars to Nigeria. After her telling him she didn't want to do this she agreed and sent the money which He had put upon her credit card. After doing this myself and my wife talked about this incident and contacted the credit card company to stop the money transfer and found out money had been put on this card and taken back off two other times. Now we don't think its even ***** ***** and that its a scam. How can this be investigated and shut down.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/15/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Yes, this is a complete scam that we see here a few dozen times a week that is perpetrated by criminals who prey on unsuspecting victims and talk them into sending money for some made up reason..

.

You can report this to the FBI's cyber crime division called IC3 here: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

.

.

And please don't send these criminals any more money and ignore any emails/texts like this in the future because since you have sent money once, they will target you with more scams because they will thing they can deceive you again..

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much