Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a used vehicle for $1200.00 from a man who claimed…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used vehicle for $1200.00 from a man who claimed nothing wrong took it to a repair shop and over $800.00 wrong just to begin with. I am sevrely disabled and I need help. please rightful owner of the 2005 Chevy Uplander is Rafael Alberto Benitez,*****B, Melbourne, Fl.32901phone(###) ###-#### CV Axles was the go between never saw actual owner.PLEASE HELP ME.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

FLORIDA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

JUST YOU. I CALLED THE MAN WHO TOOK MY MONEY HE WAS A GO BETWEEN I ALSO BELIEVE HE IS THE WON WHO WROTE UP HONY BILL OF SALE.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

NO I AM OUT ALL THAT MONEY AND MY FRIEND AND I TOOK VEHICLE BACK TO CV AXLES AT 1700N. HARBOR CITY BLVD. MELBOURNE, FL 32901 PHONE(###) ###-####HE WAS THE MAN WHO SAID NOTHING WAS WRONG I BELIEVED HIM.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/15/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. If they made promises that the vehicle was okay, but it turned out it needed a lot of work, then this appears to be a case of fraudulent misrepresentation. Basically, fraudulent misrepresentation is when someone intentionally makes material statement or makes a material omission that induces someone else to enter into an agreement. The other party can also be held liable for negligent misrepresentation if they state a fact that induces the other party to enter into an agreement without having reasonably checked on the accuracy of their statements. A fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation can lead to the rescindment of a contract in addition to a payment of damages to the other party who was misled. Keep in mind that this is different than what is known as “puffing” in sales terms which generally allows salespeople to give their opinion on a product or service. For example, it’s not against the law to say, “I believe that this product is the absolute best on the market.” The only exception would be if they made misrepresentations to the safety of a product.

I don't have reason to believe they were just "puffing" in this case, unfortunately.

Did you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Cant right now on phone with Geico
On on phone be wirh u shortly
Th