Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Is Sweepstakes go Premium a legitimate company? NC and No.

Customer Question
Is Sweepstakes go Premium...

Is Sweepstakes go Premium a legitimate company?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

NC and No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Trying to figure out if offer of $750,000 prize is not a scam.--

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Waiting for friend to help me out, ok?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalPro, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

What is the exact situation? Have you been told that you are the winner of a prize? Are you being asked to send any money in order to claim it? I very much look forward to assisting you on this matter.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just a moment-----
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We're finished. Thank you for the service.--------------

I'm not sure I understand?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
asked to send $7,500
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They asked me tosend $7,500.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I needed to send the money in order to claim it.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What info are you looking for?

Thank you. This is absolutely a SCAM. First, there is no legitimate company by the name of sweepstakes Go Premium. More importantly, though, no legitimate lottery or sweepstakes would ever ask you to pay costs or fees to collect your winnings. If the situation were real, all costs and fees would simply be deducted from the money you have already won. This is an advanced fee scam. These scams have countless variations but the basic idea is that the victim is informed of prize winnings, a lucrative loan offer, inheritance, or some other financial windfall and told that they need to pay money to get it. Of course, there is no money for the victim and this is just a ploy to get the victim to send an advance payment.

You must ignore further communications from this scammer, along with similar offers you may receive in the future, as scammers love to double back on possible victims to see if they can fool them again.

LegalPro
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer