Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My family and I went on a cruise to Nassau Bahamas. My

Customer Question
My family and I...

My family and I went on a cruise to Nassau Bahamas. My sister covered the trip. Each night one of the maids came down and turned down the bed that was attached to the couch since it was three of us per room. We told them we'll do it. The maid was insistent on doing so. Our last night my sister just turned down the couch herself and found a huge stain (we did not know if it was feces, really dark urine or something more) It was very disgusting. She immediately told the supervisor and the supervisor told her we do not have that on our boat. My sister showed her the photo from her phone. I also took a photo with my ipad. The supervisor wanted to give her a $50 gift card. My sister told her no that is an insult there could have been small bugs crawling from there, although there were sheets anything could have got through the sheets. For myself while exiting the boat just before I got to customs one of the security guards named Nick, went into my purse. I was looking for my room card that the security have to scan before we leave the boat, I was looking in my bag not realizing the card was in my back pocket. My credit card was in my pocket book, i stood aside and looked in my bag, Nick put his hand in my bag reached for my credit card and I yelled at him for going in my bag. That certainly startled me since I was a victim of robbery before. After me and my sis contacted headquarters the same day they got back to my sister yesterday by email, she called and spoke with Mrs. Sherly Leeks who refunded some of the funds back but for me she apologized and said she understands what Nick was doing but it was not right for him to do that, you never go into a woman's purse. She said she believe he was trying to help. She told me after refunding everything back to my sister there is nothing more they can do for me. That was two separate situations, and they did not refund her everything back.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Bahamian lawyer about this?

No, we were on Florida grounds

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

In the message I just sent shows that we contacted the Headquarters and emailed each executive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'll wait to hear from the attorney because I have the emails that I sent

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/16/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Good Morning,Yes I do need a reply
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
what can I answer for you?
I can suggest some options. would you like that information? please let me know and i will put it together and respond shortly. You can wait or come back later when we email you that a reply is ready. Thanks for your patience. This is not the answer. just an opening question so I can better focus the answer and make it more helpful.