Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

A bad auto repair shop said they could fix my a/c which was…

Customer Question
A bad auto repair...

A bad auto repair shop said they could fix my a/c which was not blowing cold. He charged me $650 and said it was fixed. 3mo later not working again same problem. He fixed for free patched a hose more Freon. 3mo later same problem he said bring it in. I called him to set up a date and when he did not call back I called him. He flew into a rage and told me to bring my Butt in and he would fix the %&@# car and hung up. My husband went with me the next day.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Texas I would like to talk to someone who can advise me taking this to small claims court

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I filed a complaint with the BBB and I got the car fixed at Firestone. The hoses had to be replaced not patched, something this person did not know and the firestone report is pretty thorough and it cost me $295.00. I am now searching around for advise.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

When my husband and I talked in person to this man he was drunk, threatened my husband and threw us out. I told him I wanted my money back but there is no reasoning with a drunk

Lawyer's Assistant: You can email***@******.***. JustAnswer is backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. So if our Customer Care team can't address your issue, and it's been 30 days or less since you paid to ask your question, they will refund your money.

I want free consultation. I have no more money to pay

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. This appears to be a classic breach of contract on the grounds that they did not perform the job that they were supposed to perform. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach, which includes the $ that you paid to firestone. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?