Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We have installed flooring for a client and have completed…

We have installed wood...

We have installed wood flooring for a client and have completed 98% of the work. They have approved material for installation on 2 prior occasion only to refuse to let us install once there. They are holding $7300 and have added $2000 additional dollars in cost to my invoice.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We have attempted to meet every demand for satisfaction. Ordering new product and even paying to have a custom stain made to match their product. At contract origin, we informed them that the base would not match. They insist on a perfect match witch is impossible in a natural product.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I would like to know if i can ask for balance payment since so much of the project is complete. He is a real-estate lawyer so he knows the law.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Infolawyer, Lawyer
There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and lawA lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
no, can i legally ask for the outstanding balance to be paid considering the level of material installed. Even though i have not completed the install.
It depends on when it is due. If due now yes. If on completion need to wait.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!
that was not stated in the contract. It was my belief that once a major portion of an installation was complete final payment could be collected. Otherwise, a customer could hold back $7500 for a $20 threshold. As long as they claim that they are not satisfied. That is the position that i am in.
Where not clearly stated you may reasonably demand most of the balance given the near completion stage!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Infolawyer, Lawyer