Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I own a big rig, while on the road I needed a repair. As a…

Customer Question
I own a big...

I own a big rig, while on the road I needed a repair. As a result of shoddy work the ground wire to the batteries shorted out causing the batteries to melt resulting in over $5000 in repairs ( this may go considerably higher). Is there any legal recourse?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA, repair was done in Santa Rosa NM, at a TA travel center

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None at the moment—- took truck to shop and they are assessing problems

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this moment

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/15/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 5 months ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

You can file a case in small claims court for up to $10,000 for breach of contract and negligence.

You would file at

Name Guadalupe County Magistrate's Court

Mailing Address 1633 Historic Route 66, Santa Rosa, NM 88435

Physical Address 1633 Historic Route 66, Santa Rosa, NM 88435

Phone(###) ###-####/p>

I hope this information is helpful.