Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question regarding a service that did not live up…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding a service that did not live up to their promise. Now they want to sue me for ending their servcies early.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Sent a letter informing the company I will not pay for early dismissal due to job not as described.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only that I have documented proof they didn't complete the job they agreed to.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/14/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this;

Basically if a party does not perform per the terms of the contract they are in breach. If the party that is in breach sues, the other party may present the defense-

Sample defenses are here:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/partners/documents/2011SRL5eADContract.pdf

These defenses apply in all states but this document does a good job of summarizing them.

Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 3 months ago

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.