Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a used car that turned out to be a total lemon. It…

Customer Question
I bought a used...

I bought a used car that turned out to be a total lemon. It only ran for about a week before it started having issues. Now, the head gasket has blown out and my mechanic and the used car lot's mechanic both indicate that the car needs a new motor. I bought the car in Dec 2017 for my daughter. I had the used car dealer tow the car back to their lot to see what the issue was/is as it left my daughter stranded along side a freeway. They have had it over a month and the owner is giving me the run around. I am out the 3k I paid for the car plus 500.00 in repairs and tows. I feel like a fool taken advantage of. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

This is in Texas and the car is a 10 years old.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Such as?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just if I have any recourse as I feel I was duped.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/13/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Did you buy this from a dealer or a private seller?

Used car dealership.

I understand. How many times have you taken it in to get fixed?

Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer

I can suggest options for pursuing a claim against seller, would you like that?

Awaiting your reply, thank you!