Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have been communicating with a lady from Ghana and

everything seem real but I...
I have been communicating with a lady from Ghana and everything seem real but I have sent sent money to her already and she showed me her plane ticket and she told me the told her the day she was going to leave that she needed 5000.00 to leave the country I sent her 750.00 yesterday and she tried I was told but she said her uncle gave her 1000 to help she just need another 3,300 to get on the plane and arrive at the airport for me to pick her up how do I know if this is true
3/13/2018
LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to answer your question.

Unfortunately, this is a romance scam. Scams of this kind are unfortunately extremely common online, and they originate almost exclusively from west Africa, particularly Ghana. In fact, these scams are such an epidemic in Ghana that the US Embassy has issued a formal warning about them, which you can find here. What you are being told is a standard script designed to lure people in and get them to send money. None of it is real, and the person you are speaking with is not the person that you see in the pictures. You need to immediately cease contact with this person, as nothing good can come from any sort of further communication.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

I have already sent 3000.00 and she has called me and everything seem so real I have asked her to send me the 750 I sent to her yesterday so I can apply for a loan to see if she will send my money back

Unfortunately, she is not going to send you your money back. She is a professional scammer and this is just what she does. Do NOT send any more money to her. You want to IMMEDIATELY cut off further contact. I know this is tough to hear, but it's the only thing you can do in these circumstances.

Thank you I will cut it off after I see if she will take the bait to send my money back

I'm glad I could help. I am truly sorry that you were victimized by this scam but glad that you were able to catch it before more money was lost. Believe it or not, someone just the o there day posted here to just answer who lost over six figures in a romance scam like this, so it can always be worse. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you before we wrap up...

Where can you post pictures of these scammers and there names so no one else get this done to them
Here is some of the documents

You can file a complaint with IC3, which is a division of the FBI that handles cyber crime. Unfortunately, though, posting this scammer's pictures online will do nothing to stop them because they are using stolen pictures and will just use someone else's pictures next time they perpetrate the scam.

Again, please feel free to let me know if you have any further concerns. If I have answered your question, I would be very grateful for a positive rating of my service (using the stars at the top of the page) so that I may receive credit for assisting you.

Very best wishes

LegalPro
LegalPro, Lawyer