Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I signed a contract for a new Harley, they paid off and sold…

Customer Question
I signed a contract...

I signed a contract for a new Harley, they paid off and sold my old bike, they never submitted it and cant get it financed?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington State

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They never submitted any paperwork, but they paid off and sold my old bike

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I signed papers on November 11, 2017 (Financing was approved on this date) while they held my new bike till I paid the down payment off.
I was informed that their having troubles getting me financed now since the other papers are so old.
They paid off my old bike and sold it before getting funding for my loan. They have insulted me regarding my credit and not kept me up to date on whats going on. I have informed them that I no longer want the new bike or any deal through them.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/13/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your sales contractual and consumer law question earlier today.

I'm attorney Bill following up on your question. Because the sale is contractual the express terms of the agreement that you signed are controlling subject to State consumer laws.

If there is an express or even verbal agreement that the sale of the bike is subject to your acceptance in a financing plan then the financing would be a condition precedent to the enforcement of the contract.

If you have a copy of the sales contract this can be reviewed by myself as an extra service just let me know.

Because your old bike was sold you may be entitled to recover this or damages or breach of contract where you had agreed that financing would firstly be secured.

As I indicated ta review of the sales contract is something necessary to determine your right to sue in civil court or to back out of the contract at this stage.

For violations of consumer law in relation to deceptive or unfair trade practices being adopted by the dealership you can lodge a complaint with the Consumer Bureau/ Attorney General's office.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/fileacomplaint.aspx

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required and let me know if you need the contract reviewed as an additional service.

In relation to my answer remember to rate positively today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback to get a credit for my time.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thank You

Attorney Bill