Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a life insurance policy that is diminishing in spite…

Customer Question
I have a life...

I have a life insurance policy that is diminishing in spite of payments being made. I think the co. Is trying to force me to drop them. What kind of lawyer should I look for who would know if this is fraud?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

West Virginia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

They have been sending me grace period letters. My payments were set up as quarterly and when I go online to make payments they still say make $52 payment yet I have paid larger payments and now am paying them monthly but the latest letter is for $1300

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I asked them for a copy of their table to see what I was supposed to be paying based on age since that has changed twice . They refused to send me one and told me to check my original from 1994 which I don’t have

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/13/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your insurance law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

The life company is required to honor the policy of insurance and send you and respond to your information requests in relation to the schedule and calculation of annual/ monthly payments.

The insurance company could well be engaging in deceptive and unfair consumer practices which is contrary to consumer law.

If you suspect the company to be involved in fraud in relation to your payments and protection you should contact the Department of Insurance to file a complaint:

West Virginia Division
of Financial Institutions*****br />Suite 306
Charleston, WV 25302
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

or the Insurance Commissioner

http://www.wvinsurance.gov/

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely ion your positive feedback to get a credit for my time today.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thank You

Attorney Bill

What information would I need to provide to the insurance commission office?

You need to provide your policy number, details of your policy and a description of the complaint against the insurer. There should be an online form or you can write out to them.

I sent you the link above.

Thank You

Attorney Bill