Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What can you do when the bank you got the loan from, doesn't…

Customer Question
What can you do...

What can you do when the bank you got the loan from, doesn't let you know they don't have the title to the car you paid off.they let me know one month before payoff They say there's a lean against the car and I have to find out who it isd and pay it off!

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Pennsylvania .. It's my son's car and I don't have the exact year .it wasn't a new car! Does that make a difference! The bank is not accepting any responsibility in this! What bank gives money for a car without getting the title to that car?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With who?He cant get any answers from the company who has the lean! He's been stopped no matter who he contacts!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just would like to know whose responsibility this is! He cant sell the car, he cant junk the car! It needs a lot of work and he was hoping to trade it in!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/12/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: TJ, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

However, the facts don't quite make sense. Perhaps you can clarify.

If the bank doesn't have the title, then how does it know there is another lien? How did your son register the car without the title? What does the bank have to do with the other lien (i.e., why would they care about it)?

Thanks. Just need a little help connecting the dots.

Hi again.

It appears that you may be offline since you haven't yet responded, and that's fine. I am logging off temporarily as well. Feel free to write back whenever it's convenient, and I will reply when I'm online again later today. :)

call me when you get back online (###) ###-#### thank you!
ok, I don't have the money for a chat! could you just let me know when your back on line!
Hello again. I will be glad to help if possible, but I will need you to respond to my inquiry from earlier today. Thank you.
I'm Sorry But my son is going another route!thank you ***** cancel??