Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had some credit card debt which I turned over to Freedom…

I had some credit...

I had some credit card debt which I turned over to Freedom Debt relief company, they settled debt for a lower amount, I got letter from state of Texas saying according to rule 306a rules of civil procedure , final judgement “ORDER GRANTING NOTICE OF NON-SUIT”, I don’t know what that means.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Texas , September 2013

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

It was Bank of America, credit card debt settlement

3/12/2018
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.
I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.
I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.
This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.
The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.
There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.
WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.
A Motion for Nonsuit is what a creditor typically files to dismiss a lawsuit. The motion is usually filed “without prejudice“. This means that the Plaintiff is voluntarily giving up on their case but they reserve the right to re-file the case if they want to (and have grounds-such as a breach of the terms of the settlement, for example).
The order means the non-suit was granted and entered by the court. The suit was dismissed.
If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.
There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.
Are you online with me?
Thank you very much, answer I was hoping for, have a blessed day.

You are very welcome.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Lawyer