Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am looking for a lawyer to represent me against a moving…

Customer Question
I am looking for...

I am looking for a lawyer to represent me against a moving company broker who violated Federal regulations and lied about their tariffs. Would like a lawyer to represent me on a contingent basis.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes reported to Federal agancy, but they will not represent me for penalities.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/12/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Wendy, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Wendy
Wendy, Moderator
I'm Wendy, a moderator for this website. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you
I will continue if something happens soon.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Loren, Lawyer

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Unfortunately, JustAnswer is not a law firm and the lawyers on the site are precluded from site rules and state bar regulations from representing you.

I can, however, point you in the direction of some helpful resources you may not be aware of.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Also, The Florida Bar maintains an excellent online referral program:

FLORIDA BAR ATTORNEY REFERRAL

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question? Please let me know.