Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I BOUGHT A 1999 CHEVY SUBURBAN AND THE GIRL I PURCHASED THE…

Customer Question
I BOUGHT A...

I BOUGHT A 1999 CHEVY SUBURBAN AND THE GIRL I PURCHASED THE SUBURBAN FROM SAID IF I PAID A TICKET I GOT IN THE CAR AND SENT A 200 HUNDRED DOLLAR MONEY ORDER THAT SHE WOULD SEND ME THE TITTLE.SO ON THE MONEY ORDER I PUT FINAL PAYMENT AND WROTE THE VIN # AND LIC PLATE# ***** SENT A STAMP IN WITH IT WELL SHE CASHED THE MONEY ORDER AND DIDNT SEND ME THE TITTLE NOW I GOT THE SUBURBAN INPOUNDED CAN I USE THAT COPIE OF THE MONEY ORDER TO GET THE CAR OUT OF INPOUND

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

DO I HAVE A LEGAUL RIGHT TO GET THE SUBURBAN OUT

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

WASHINGTON

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I THINK SHE TOOK A LOAN OUT AGINST THE TITTLE

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/11/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today - Did you ever have a written contract with the seller?

NO JUST VERBLE ONE ON THE PHONE
HELLO
I CANT AFFORD TO KEEP PAYING AND STILL HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET MY CAR OUT OF INPOUND

unfortunately from everything you have told me - you do not have a legal right to the car. If she still has the title and has not written it over to you - there is nothing you can do to get the car

Even if she said she would send me the tittle and the money order proves there was an agreement by her cashing the money order that clearly states that we had an agrement
Yeah well it doesn't loak like you would do me any justice if I did talk to you in person anyway I have got alot of time and work into this vehicle she gave it to her dad when it needed a lot of work but me being a mechanic I put new head gaskets one it and started driving it then all of a sudden it wasn't her dad's to sell and she wanted it back that is when she agreed to give me thenough tittle if I sent 200 hundred dollars and payed a ticket

Here is what I would recommend doing - I would bring copies of any and all communications you have had with the woman and file a small claims action against her. In the small claims case you can sue her for the money for the car - or negotiate it to where she will actually give you the car. When you win, you will also be able to get attorney's fees reimbursed by her. So I would recommend speaking to a civil attorney in your area to help you with this.

For sure save a copy of the money order and any and all expenses you have incurred concerning this vehicle. That is the only way you can get the car. If you want to go down the criminal path, you can file a criminal complaint against her with your local police department because she took the $200.00 from you and that is theft.

I hope that better answers your question - I am sorry you are in this difficult situation and wish you all the best

can you please rate my answer with 5 stars