Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What legal rights do I have with a hair system I purchased…

Hi. What legal rights...

Hi. What legal rights do I have with a hair system I purchased from Hair Club? I felt they did not present all facts to me on purpose before I purchased it.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Should I and with which agency?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment. I thought this was free legal advice online.

Answered in 1 day by:
3/12/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Kindly provide additional information regarding your situation.

What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to me. Basically, I purchased a Hair System from Hair Club due to hair loss from a medical situation which is already frustrating in itself. I paid over $4,100 for the system. This does not include purchase of products, tips to stylist, etc. The contract we signed say we can cancel the contract within three days, however, that was before I received the Hair System. The Hair System has been very frustrating to manage -- it lifts, the clue breaks down, the hair tangles a lot, etc. It is glue to my scalp after the shave my hair. I did not know the hair will be so difficult to manage and felt that they had not presented all variables to me at time of consultation, such as sweating can cause the hairline to lift, that hot water can cause the hairline to lift, that the glue does break down after a few weeks. After two frustrating months, they gave me a replacement Hair System but it was from a bad batch which I did not know. It tangled and shed so much. Finally on March 3, they replaced the Hair System and told me I had a bad batch. The new system is definitely manageable but not the color I originally ordered. In any case, they are willing to give me a wig instead, rather than refund me my money. What are my rights?

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Your Question:

The new system is definitely manageable but not the color I originally ordered. In any case, they are willing to give me a wig instead, rather than refund me my money. What are my rights?

Response: The wig is not acceptable because that is not what you paid for. You are entitled to full refund of your purchase price plus damages that you have suffered as a result of using the system (incidental costs). The company made material misrepresentation to you as to how the product works and how to use the product. So, a full refund is in order. If they refuse to refund your full purchase price along with incidental costs, you need to file a Small Claim against the company at your local Courthouse to recover for your costs.

You should also file complaint with your Attorney General's Office and the Better Business Bureau.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. You have definitely helped my case. If I needed more counsel, I will contact you again.

You are quite Welcome!

Thank you for your cooperation.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law