Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Just bought a car were cust. said he lost the title. got…

Just bought a car...

Just bought a car were cust. said he lost the title. got home with the car found out it had a salvage title and he lied about the year. add said clean title and that it was a 2002. car fax says its a 2001 and is a salvged tittle.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

I LIVE IN OREGON TRANSACTION WAS DONE IN WASHINGTON

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO JUST BOUGHT IT THE OTHER NIGHT RAN CAR FAX TODAY .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

THAT SHOULD COVER IT

3/9/2018
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me

1. Does the seller live in WA?

2. What did you pay for the rig?

LIVES IN WASHINGTON. 2500.00

Thanks

You can sue them to recover your money. And you can use small claims court. What you are describing, if the seller misled you, you can sue them for "breach of contract". And, you can do this in small claims court.

Small claims is a true "peoples court". The formal rules of evidence and procedure do not apply. So you can represent yourself (no need to hire a lawyer).

The process is simple enough. You head to the county court (the county where the seller lives) and talk to the clerk of the court. They can get you the forms needed to start. You file the claim, serve a copy on the defendant and wait for your day in court.

In court, be prepared to tell the judge what happened, and bring in copies of any evidence that supports your case. IF there are witnesses who can testify about what happened? Have them come as well.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

JUST GIVE ME THE ANSWER

??

Thanks

P. Simmons, Lawyer