Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Does lemon law cover dishwasher? Wisconsin. It was bot aug…

Customer Question
Second opinion] does lemon...

Second opinion] does lemon law cover dishwasher?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was bot aug of 2013 and i've had several repair calls on this and they have replaced parts and still doesn't clean properly I paid almost $700 for machine now they say I need several parts. Can i do any thing about this?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
By the way it is a Maytag brand
They replaced control panel (which did not work any better)and replaced dispenser assembly
then they came and said maybe it was my water softer, I had them come out from Kinico brand and
that was fine Cost me about $90 for that.
They came now they say it needs dispenser assembly again and a vent assembly and a motor pump
assembly and a heater assembly.
It's leaking water thru vent system & running down inside door and on to floor.
Answered in 4 days by:
3/14/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 5 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
maytag has not resulted the problem!
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Unfortunately the lemon law does not apply to appliances in WI; however if the product came with a warranty that would be applicable and if the manufacturer fails to repair the issue they may be sued for breach of warranty; please see:

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/businesspersons-guide-federal-warranty-law

For small claims, that is the proper venue if the dispute is less than $5,000; please see:

https://www.wicourts.gov/services/public/selfhelp/smallclaims.htm