Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I purchased a vehicle thru Ford supposed to be a preownedpre…

Customer Question
I purchased a vehicle thru...
I purchased a vehicle thru Ford supposed to be a preownedpre cert. With 100,000 mile warranty only to find out vehicle not what said an if I hadn't purchased extended warranty I would never of gotten repairs done also one shop has committed ins. Fraud caused my ins. To go thru roof due to fact, shop made second claim while car was still there so I show 2 accidents in 10 days while in there possession an 2 estimates one of which states claimant
Unkown I have documentation showing all this incorrect carfaxes an I've got copies second an third time from the dealership an each time I've received different work orders or none at all so how do I get dealership to fix this problem want my money back I paid 20,000 down on this vehicle but it has been in shop more than driven I've had nothing
But heartache and stress
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

You need to make a written demand for full refund of of your purchase price because of material misrepresentation regarding the condition of the car.

If your request is denied or ignored, you need to file complaint with the car manufacturer; your Attorney General's Office, Consumer Protection Division; the Better Business Bureau. If your issue remains unresolved, you would need to file lawsuit against the dealership for return of your purchase price. The lawsuit would be filed at the local Courthouse where the dealership is located or the Courthouse where you are located.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to assist you with the case. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law