Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had my procedure done in one of the known

Customer Question
Hi. I had my...

Hi. I had my facial procedure done in one of the known Southcoastmedspa. I developed a reaction with first treatment that diagnosed me with a skin condition by Detmatologist after the first treatment. The Southcoastmedspa signed an agreement that they will refund my$2200 out $5700 package treatment cost. I deployed in July 2017. The treatment was last Dec 2017. I emailed the Spa from my deployment and told they will mail the check. I came back to US Jan 2018, no check I called the spa and emailed the Patient coordinator but no answer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

San Diego

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The purchase made on the day of the procedure 8 Dec 2017

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just wrote a complaint in the business bureau so no

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/9/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: DamienJD, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

You mention that there is a signed agreement to make a payment. If a party agrees to pay and it does not pay pursuant to the agreement, then it would be a breach of contract. Usually, someone would write a letter first demanding the payment (certified return receipt requested and by regular mail). After 7-10 days, if payment is not received, then there could be a small claims action filed in court to get the money based on the breached agreement.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Please see attached files.
Please see attached paperwork. Also o attached email correspondence as well following up my refund.

Hi Rachel: I am unavailable until Monday. To review the documents there is an extra charge because of the time it will take. I will send you the premium service offer. When you accept it, I can review the documents on Monday and we can further discuss the issues.