Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question regarding a door to door documentation…

I have a question...

I have a question regarding a door to door documentation signed to a sales man

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.

About 2 weeks ago I was approached at my front door by a window replacement sales man. He was offering a free quote and requested my email address in order to send information about the company. Also a phone number as he wanted to come and quote my husband and I for alternatives. As I was traveling in the next days I told them that my husband would be the one they should talk to. He insisted that he needed both of us and were going to stay in the area for that weekend. At the end they recorded my conversation with his boss and asked me to sign a document for accessing me at my email with info. I signed, they left with the promise of calling us for the appointment and since then I haven’t received any email with any information. Since they did not leave a copy of the document and I felt kind of intimidated as I was alone and afraid of being pushed inside my home I signed and close the door. Now I’m afraid if they can do anything with that

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

I signed with an abbreviation of my signature, not my legal one

3/8/2018
Michael Bradley

and you do not have a copy of what you signed?

Michael Bradley
No, I know it was dumb but I was very scared and wanted him to leave. Can my signature (which is not my ID license one) can be used for fraudulent issues? I can’t even remember their name. Should I report this to someone? Thanks
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started