Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Bought a used car in Florida, I test drove the vehicle and

Customer Question

Bought a used car in Florida, I test drove the vehicle and saw there was check engine lights on, went back to dealership and said fix it and I’ll buy it. They cleared the codes with the computer, but never fixed it, told me it’s an o2 sensor which was a small fix. Bought the car, the finance manager showed me extended warranty coverage, which he said suspension would be covered. Signed the paperwork, bought the extended warranty and drove home, which the light came back on, brought to reliable mechanic it’s suspension issues and 1400.00 to fix. The finance company called me and asked and verified a bunch of questions and the. Asked me about the vehicle if there’s issues with it which i explained to them yes soon as I drove it off the lot I’m already dropping 1500.00 into it a
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: florida 2010
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: And the warranty they sold me doesn’t cover anything and there’s fine print that states cars with 100,000 miles or more which mine has 103,000 all warranty options other then basic engine/transmission is valid
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was bought with 103,,000 miles on it So the finance guide completely misinformed me
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Once i talked to the finance company the dealer called me saying I need to tell the finance company I’m satisfied with the purchase
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do I have any legal standings to either void the contract, or ability to re negotiate with auto broker

You couldn't just "void" a contract - but you could sue them if they committed some type of fraud and/or lied to you about the status of the car.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?