Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need a recommendation for the type of lawyer I need. I…

I need a recommendation for...
I need a recommendation for the type of lawyer I need.
I hired a shop to build a custom car and they have not finished it for 3 years. They have car in their facility.
I have title.
I want to take car back.
I have attempted to contact them various ways with no result.
Basically I want to take the car back from them.
3/7/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. So you are basically asking what kind of an attorney you need? If so, this would be a consumer protection or litigation attorney. May I recommend the Illinois Bar referral program -(###) ###-#### The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law