Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I had my roof replaced in 2014. Shortly after it was

Hello,I had my roof...

Hello,I had my roof replaced in 2014. Shortly after it was replaced, it leaked for 2 years off and on. They worked with me for the two years to “fix” it. The roofing company paid to have my drywall torn out and replaced after it had stopped leaking for a few months. Last month, the roof began to leak again. It has come to the point where I feel as if, this company has done a very poor job installing this roof ( a brand new roof should not be leaking 4 years later). It has become difficult to work with after I asked them to evaluate replacing the entire roof to make it right. I also told the company I would be going to the BBB to report the issues I have had with them. The owner told me he would sue me if I went to the BBB to report these problems. I am trying to determine if I have a case to take them to court for a refund of the roof.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

Michigan 2014

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Ok, thanks.

You could have a breach of contract claim. You contracted to have a roof replaced and the contractor was to provide the product and services to replace it but either the product or services were not properly provided, causing damages to you. There could be a negligence claim also and various other types of claims along with the breach of contract claim.

By the way, someone cannot sue you for going to the BBB. They would have to claim that you libeled them by stating an untruth.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Lawyer