Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I got enclosed in a real estate investment 2 years ago but…

Customer Question
I got enclosed in...

I got enclosed in a real estate investment 2 years ago but the person took my money and disappeared. I live in Florida, the person who took my money lives in California and the investment property is in Detroit Michigan. The Investor is still doing deals throughout the US and has the same contact phone number however when I try to reach out to get my money invested tells me that I owe them parts of my other two properties and I still can’t figure out why or how to get my money back she still $19,000 into wire transfers of 8500 each is there any legal action that can be taken two years later

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

I got enclosed in a real estate investment 2 years ago but the person took my money and disappeared. I live in Florida, the person who took my money lives in California and the investment property is in Detroit Michigan. The Investor is still doing deals throughout the US and has the same contact phone number however when I try to reach out to get my money invested tells me that I owe them parts of my other two properties and I still can’t figure out why or how to get my money back she still $19,000 into wire transfers of 8500 each is there any legal action that can be taken two years later. How much would it cost to get that question answered

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Fraud Examiner's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I am looking to find out if I can go after them legally and if so what I need to do to go after them legally I would also like to know what my chances are of getting any money back or taking possession of the property because I paid for it when would I find out The cost for the answer

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

What is the first step

Lawyer's Assistant: The Fraud Examiner will know what to do. Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?

What is the first step i’m not sure if I stated that this place in three states I live in Florida person who sold it to me lives in California and the property is in Michigan The only evidence that I have is the wire transfer document which shows that it was A loan for the purchase of the property I also found out that the seller is an illegal immigrant from Germany I don’t know if there’s any relevance but it’s just information I have for the attorney

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
These are not related. The person who scammed me had me convinced that we were business partners and had me send them money to pay for a property that they in turn bought in there company name and never gave me the money or the property and stopped all communication with me once they had my money.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had purchased 2 properties from the company that was selling her the property which was in part why I believed her because I purchased both through her. I spoke with the person who owns the company that sold her the property and he said there wasn’t anything he could do for me.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How long does it take to get a response to my question?
3/8/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding,

You would need to file lawsuit against the person either in California where the person lives or in Michigan where the property at issue is located. California Courts has a very user friendly site that you can use to download forms to start your case. However, since the amount of your claim is more than $10,000.00, you cannot file in Small Claims Session, you have to file a regular civil case against the person for breach of your agreement. Unfortunately, if this person is not a legal resident of the United States, he/she can easily skip town to avoid paying you back.

Click here for forms and instructions to start a civil case.

You should also file complaint with the Attorney General Offices of California and Michigan.

You may also consider filing complaint with the Police Stations in California and Michigan in the City where he resides and where the property is located for this fraud. You may not be the only victim.

My apologies for the delay to your response.

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law