Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I tiotalled my 2010 car in a non injury accident, in 2017..

Customer Question
I tiotalled my 2010...

I tiotalled my 2010 car in a non injury accident, in 2017.. Must I report the insurance settlement

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

California Car was 2010 HondaAccord

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, filed with D M V

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was driving car abd apparently blacked out momentarily

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/7/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

No, you are not required to make any report of the insurance settlement. It is not taxable income to you, and the insurance company has already filed it with the DMV, so there is nothing more that you are required to do. Rest easy, my friend, and glad you are OK after the accident.

Please rate five stars ***** by clicking on five stars ***** and press SEND.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

A bonus is appreciated after you rate.