Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I invested in Renezvous Island Resort through Canyon

Customer Question
I invested in Renezvous...

I invested in Renezvous Island Resort through Canyon Acquisitions in Florida and Marco Caruso in Belize, therefore trying to locate a law firm interested in class action or contingency basis.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Law firm of Estevan Perera have another judgment against Marco Caruso.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Canyon Acquisitions is in Florida and resort project is in Belize,C.A.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Canyon was investigated by Ontario Securities Commission and fined.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 10 days by:
3/16/2018
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Michelle-Mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-Mod
Michelle-Mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
still looking for law firm that can assist.
Gary.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Greetings! I am a legal expert on the site and am working on your question.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Would you like a lookup directory which you can quickly use to find a local lawyer to handle your case?
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
By local lawyer do you mean Belize or Florida? I have contacted every law firm in Belize with only Estevan Perera willing to take this on but not on a contingency basis. I only have a few thousand dollars to work with as most of my retirement savings were invested with Canyon, approx.$200.000.00. I have a chronological list of events starting in 2009.
Thank you, ***** *****
Where the company is located!Yes, should be on contingency.Also try avvo.com.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.