Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Money being taken by a apparently fraud company from my bank…

money being taken by a...
money being taken by a apparently fraud company from my bank ..about $2100...my bank said since its been more than 1 day the money was taken from my bank account...they could not recover ...I have the fraud company address and phone number..I need help to recover that amount ..
1/18/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Did you authorize the charge? If not, did you report the charge to the police? What's the name of the company? What were they supposed to do for you and how did they scam you? Do you have a website for them?

its a ACH transaction ..my bank said ..I did not authoriz.. I dont even know the company who charged me ..I got the name and adress thru my bank ...its
EDWARDS CORPORATE MAINTAINANCE*****,TRENTON NJ08638
(###) ###-####
I called this number but no response.I did not report to police yet..I dont have a website for them
i attached the letter i got from my bank

I don't find any business by that name registered with the New Jersey Secretary of State. Nor can I even turn it up on a Google search. For that matter, I am unable to find a record of any property at that address in New Jersey. The phone number only appears to be a South Jersey telephone number. Actually, it's a computer app on the order of Skype and Google hone and untraceable.

You need to talk to your police, as you were indeed swindled. You want to report this as a crime and see what they can find. If they can locate the scammer you can take legal action to get your money back, such as sue him in small claims court or seek to have the scammer prosecuted. If they can't find them, as the victim of a crime, you can deduct your unreimbursed losses, when you file your 2017 income taxes.

I am assuming that you closed your bank account and had the bank open you a new one. If not, you need to do so immediately to prevent future identity theft. And while we are on the subject of banks, if you can prove that this debit happened through a fault in your bank's security system, you could likely recover from them as well. So you may want to sit down with a local lawyer who knows his banking law.

thanks for the advice .will follow
did not close the account but made the bank guys put a stop payment on such ACH from that company...
Is there anyway u guys can take up the case instead of a local lawyer as the place where i am ..we have hardly one law firm who are super busy with more high end casesRegarding "proof" that my bank had flaw in its secutiy system...I dont know how I can prove it ..?

No. Unfortunately, JustAnswer is not a law firm. We lawyers here are only allowed to give general legal advice to provide you with some direction. We can't be retained.

Close your bank account and get another one. You don't know who these guys are but they are clearly crooks. They could change names/accounts and come back for more.

I don't know how to tell whether a bank's security system is adequate either. But someone who routinely sues banks would have a better idea. Any NH firm can take the matter on if they would want to. You're not limited to the only firm in town.

Try the New Hampshire Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service or a commercial referral service such as www.Martindale.com, just to find someone to consult with.

also the collection acquisition company Inc which processed this ACH transaction ...how can it do such thing without even confirming the validity and credibility of their clients like this Edwards corporate ?
Can we do any thing against this 3rd party ?

Exactly why you need a lawyer who knows his way around banking law. You may well have a case.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer